Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Wondering if anybody with an Interstate, Stateline has drilled, modified their stock exhaust in any way? What did you do, how did it sound? If you can post a video of how it sounds that would be awesome:) Not ready to spend the $$ on a different set yet.

Does anybody know what inside diameter slip ons fit the stock pipe?

I would also be interested in a stock set of mufflers to experiment with or replace mine if I don't like the mod.

·
Registered
593 Posts
not sure if you can modify the stock exhaust in a way that would do anything but ruin them. If money is your problem check into some slip ons. All you have to do is unbolt your mufflers and bolt on the slip ons. Cheep way of getting louder pipes and increased performance.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure if you can modify the stock exhaust in a way that would do anything but ruin them. If money is your problem check into some slip ons. All you have to do is unbolt your mufflers and bolt on the slip ons. Cheep way of getting louder pipes and increased performance.
Do you know the inside diameter for the slip ons or outside diameter of head pipe?

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
35 Posts
I drilled out the baffles on my sabre. Used a 3/4" bit. Has improved performance a little, biggest difference is in the sound. While not the sound of a $600 cobra but still respectable. There is alot of info on this mod on the fury forums. I have not experianced any issues at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This past Saturday I ran a 1 1/8 drill but in through the back of my exhaust. Left it on the bike, super easy to do, I had to use a extension but it worked great. The sound is nice, but not to loud for me. Might be loud for the guy behind me though. Might try to record a video... It is my $20 exhaust upgrade, I had to buy the extension but already had the bit. I would do it again in a heart beat.

2010 Intestate

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got my Interstate on Aug 17th, first thing I did was punch out the center in stock pipe and it sounds great, seems to run alittle better also. Glad to have found this site and look forward to reading all the posts. The only thing I dislike about this bike is the head buffeting, so lowers will be first on the list based on what I have read here.

·
Administrator
4,982 Posts
i have a 2010 stateline ive seen were some have drilled and punch out stock exhaust ,just wanting to know how to do this and will it mess with the warranty any.
It's a simple job of drilling out a few holes inside the back of the muffler as goes the "Drilling" method, start with a long bit about 3/8" diameter and put the holes spaced out around the center hole.

You'll see what I mean when you look inside the back of the muffler with a flashlight. Go with two or three holes at first, you can always drill more later, if thats still not enough, try the holesaw.

The "Holesaw" method uses a 1-3/8" inch or smaller holesaw with an extension. An 1-1/2" will not fit inside the pipe

I was going to do this mod, but few friends have reminded me that I always complain about how I wished I had left the engine's on every bike I ever owned - STOCK.

So here I sit with a spare stock muffler - I might try it any way, It just depends on which side of the cave I wake up on tomorrow B)

Good luck, and please post back your results!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I Have a 2010 Stateline. This morning while washing my bike I looked inside the exhaust, and......." what the heck is that plate blocking the exhaust ?"....
Went to my toolbox and grabbed my hole saw kit , cordless drill, 1/4 extention and socket set....Found the right size holesaw to be 3/4 " ( just to drill the center of the baffle ).
Drilled that crap out of the exhaust and using needle nose pliers I removed the debri inside........... cranked it up......and ...WOW....big diference.....
It might not be the sound of $500 pipes, but sounds wayyyyy...better, and defently you can feel the performance increase.....
That will do for now until I save for my pipes...

·
Registered
5 Posts
It does "pop" under decel, but I think is the pair valve ( clean air valve ) ....it does not bother me at all.....more than "pops" it roars first then sometimes pops...... I'll be ordering the block off plates for the pair valve next week....overall it sounds good and feels better....MHO....is a good Mod and best of all...... is FREE...

·
Administrator
4,982 Posts
I'd like to hear the Roar!!! Keep us posted on how she comes out
It does "pop" under decel, but I think is the pair valve ( clean air valve ) ....it does not bother me at all.....more than "pops" it roars first then sometimes pops...... I'll be ordering the block off plates for the pair valve next week....overall it sounds good and feels better....MHO....is a good Mod and best of all...... is FREE...
Yep... Anything free is worth savin' up for! :)

·
Semi-Formal Member
40 Posts
That's what I was looking for! Someone who has cut out the baffles on their 2010 Stateline with no bad results! Is it fairly easy to block the pairing valve?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts