Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am... I have been searching non stop for something to move my bars without having to change bars or cables. I am 6'2" and I just feel like my hands and controls are too close to my knees when riding. I have not had any issues where my knees have been in the way or anything but I just want some more room. I do like the comfort of everything right now, I get no pain between my shoulder blades like I used to on my old bike but I need space. I may just have to purchase new risers and bars and go for the full swap. I have been in constant contact with Scootworks.com but they are still in the 3rd stage of R&D and not ready to release a product yet. Anybody else?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I am not 6' or anything, but I noticed in your photo you have a Mustang Seat. I too put one on my Interstate and noticed right off it moved me forward further than I would have liked. Feeling cramped. One suggestion would be to swap out the seat with the original to see if sitting futher back takes care of the problem. If it does, it might just be a question of getting a different seat. If you go this route I absolutely love the Russel Day Long Seats out of California.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im actuall turning her into a bagger. She goes into the shop next week to get the same brackets and bags the interstate comes with installed. Then I will wait untill winter since I store my bike with my dealer and this years winter project will be 14 inch ape hangers and new controls. Then all that will be left is the front fairing with audio and my "Honda Stateglide" will be complete.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts