Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does any body know if the Fury and Stateline have Identical seat fitting.

I have had a very close look and for me they seem the same.

I am trying to buy a custom seat for mine for touring as the standard seat is useless for the pillion over any distance.

Any help would appreciated.

Robbo (Australia)[/font]

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have an Interstate and been waiting on an after market seat as well. To the best of my knowledge the Interstate and the Stateline are pretty much the same bike, with different bells and whistles. I probably would have went with the Stateline except I couldn't find any aftermarket hard bags or windshields for it at the time. I have been watching Corbin for gear as they came out with a real nice aftermarket set-up for the Fury.

For the time being I have been using a gel pad and sheep skin from Alaska leather to keep the but-ox from whining on me and it's working. For a backrest I don't use one for local rides, but for trips I use the Kyryakin Grand Touring Bag. It comes with a back rest and lumbar support and you don't need a sissy bar to use it. Just mount the tie down pad under the seat and strap it on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked at the Honda dealer today. Pulled the seat off the Fury... it doesn't fit. Goes further up the tank and the retaining brackets are in a different place further forward. No Go! I had agood look at the Mustang seat, a bit strange. Why would you put a seat that looks like two seats on a single base ?? The missus likes it though. Have also approached Saddlemen to see if they make something for the CR. No reply. I like a few of their options but the web site is not user friendly, at least not from 13,00 miles away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You may want to look into getting the stock seat modified. Several reputable places stateside anyway. You can keep the looks of the stock but have a significant comfort factor added ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Let us know how it turns out - I do short ride (60 - 100 miles) - never had an issue with the old Shadow, but the Stateline stock seat is a bit hard.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Broke down and order a Mustang touring seat, I do like the one piece look, but my a$$ needs something different. Mustang replied to my order - it is back ordered 1 to 2 weeks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Makes you wonder if the Bike manufactures have stock in the after market seats - just got back from an after work ride (about an hour' lazy ride) and my butt is aching - :(

I did change the read foot pegs - momma was a bit happier, but we can not wait until the new seat comes in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maybe if they forced their engineering guys to ride the stock bike for a few hours straight - they may get the point - I know the Metric bikes are cheaper for a reason, but even Harley, Victory and alike do not provide comfort - wonder if the car guys started putting these rock hard seats in

·
Registered
58 Posts
a2zcustomupholstery - cool site, what is your turnaround? I like the stock seat look, momma would like a wider seat

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ended up getting the Mustang Touring seat, nice wide seat for momma, repositioned me to a more upright position. I was afraid the extra width would pull away from the sleek look, but most of my riding buddies could not tell the difference. Although, I hope they are not starring at my ass on a long ride - lol - Momma sure does like the extra width and padding.

·
Peace
631 Posts
Corbin Seats also now has a line out for the VT1300 series. They look nice and I am eying one of them for my Interstate.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts