Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever added a tach to their Stateline? My old 700 Shadow had a tach and I used it all the time, kind of miss it.

How do you more experienced Stateline riders judge shift points, engine sound, MPH, or when you feel more throttle is not getting you more speed?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I mainly judge it by sound plus it's just habit now, but if I had to judge it by mph I would say that 1st is just to get going then right into 2nd then once I'm over about 25mph I switch into 3rd then 4th and then by time I'm over 40mph I'm switching into 5th.. Hope that helps..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I picked up my Stateline on Wednesday, went with the black one. I have pretty much settled in at about the same shift points you have described, except I kick it into 5th at about 45. Actually find it easier to ride than my old 700 Shadow. Dealer said not to go above 65 during break in period. That's like giving an alcoholic and bottle of Jack Daniels' and telling him not to drink it. On the highway you almost have to work to keep it under 65!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.