Time to do the laundry! - General Motorcycle Chat & News - VT Cafe - Forum for Honda VT1300 Series Bikes (Sabre / Stateline / Interstate)

Photo
- - - - -

Time to do the laundry!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4687 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:29K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 29 January 2021 - 11:50 PM

It's the middle of Winter! seems like a great time to do so maintenance to my riding gear, I just pulled out my helmet liners for a good washing, and boy did it need it! I usually use some unscented laundry detergent, but I figured if Dawn dish soap is safe enough for baby ducks that were soaking in crude oil, my wild mop of hair should do just fine.

I have a large wide mouth plastic jar with screw on lid, its about a gallon in size for a small hand powered washing machine, it works well

My trusty ol' Red Wing boots and Tour Master jacket will get a good coat of Leather Honey, as will my three main sets of riding gloves.

Next week I'm going to give my throwover saddlebags and tail bag some TLC which kinda gets overlooked during the riding season, waxing up the zippers, checking the seams & stitching, rearranging and upgrading the goodies I carry with on every ride, minor first aid kit & meds, misc. tools, knife, flashlight, zip ties, bungee cords, microfiber towels, new state maps, sunscreen and whatever seems like it belongs in there for the ride.

Doing all this now sure helps lower my cabin fever that's now setting in from not riding.

The days are getting longer . . .  :D

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 03:20 AM

#2 Attiq

Attiq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Bike Info:3 different bikes but 4 in total

Posted 30 January 2021 - 06:34 AM

Lol.

Even tho my Sabre is down with a bad case of refreshitslooksitis. I still have 3 other bikes to ride thankfully and its summer. BUT I want my Sabre!!!! NOW!!!

#3 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4687 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:29K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 30 January 2021 - 11:16 AM

Did you mention somewhere else what those other rides are?

And of course . . . show some pics if ya can!

#4 Attiq

Attiq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Bike Info:3 different bikes but 4 in total

Posted 30 January 2021 - 11:47 AM

Well bike info says 3 different bikes but 4 in total =-)

2 x Yamaha Scorpio 225's.

1 x Honda NC 700.

1 x Honda Sabre.

I'm a motorcycle instructor. I teach people to ride. I get paid to ride motorcycles for a living..... BEST JOB EVER! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users