New VT1300CR Stateline Owner - Stop by and say hello...introduce yourself. - VT Cafe - Forum for Honda VT1300 Series Bikes (Sabre / Stateline / Interstate)

Photo
- - - - -

New VT1300CR Stateline Owner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ClutchDriver

ClutchDriver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Bike Info:VT1300CR Stateline

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:42 PM

Good day,

I recently purchased a 2012 Stateline with around 42,000 km at auction. I have yet to see it in person, and hope it works well as a comfortable highway cruiser. It has the same size engine and power as my wife's Mirage with 1/3 the weight; so I'm looking forward to riding it. Have any of you ridden all day and have any comments or suggestions for maximum comfort?

I'm looking forward to having another motorcycle; I haven't owned a bike since selling my 2008 CBR125R in 2011. I haven't ridden many bikes, but do know the hunched over riding position of the CBR125R was not suitable for the 8 hour highway drives I often take. Plus, when I lived in Newfoundland, the hills and wind made it hard to maintain 100 km/h, so I had the sacrifices of a crotch rocket without the "rocket" part. I liked it for its reliability; the only time I ever had to do a side-of-the-road repair was a loose battery terminal that I hand-tightened, and was able to ride 200 km home like that before tightening it with my wrench. I'm hoping this Honda is similarly reliable; my CBR125R had only 14,000 km when I sold it (12,000 km were mine).

I'm having a garage safety it (perform the provincial inspection) before I pick it up. Are there any reliability issues to look for or preventive maintenance to have them perform? I have tools and basic mechanical skills, but do not have easy parts access where I live.

I'm off to the Stateline forum to ask some more specific questions. See you around! 

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 10:23 PM

#2 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4622 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:>25K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:43 AM

Welcome ClutchDriver, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Stateline.  And we're here to help.

@ 100 km/h an all day ride will be no problem, I hope the previous owner put an aftermarket seat on it for you, i.e. a Mustang or Corbin because most owners learn the stock seat sucks after a short distance.

Don't expect anything over 160 km/h (100 mph) on this bike, Honda built limitations into the ECM.

Don't forget to post up some pics!

#3 ClutchDriver

ClutchDriver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Bike Info:VT1300CR Stateline

Posted 14 September 2020 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for the reply. I don't expect to go 160 km/h anyway, unless I can find a track. We have roadside license suspension if we exceed the speed limit by 50 km/h or more.

Edit:
I hope to get some pics when I see it in person next week.

#4 Death Engineering

Death Engineering

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Bike Info:2013 Sabre VT1300CS
  • Miles on bike?:10600

Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:09 PM

I hope to get some pics when I see it in person next week.

Welcome, ClutchDriver! Where in the world are you with those civilized 'kilometers' you speak of?   ;)

Let us know how it rides!   :D

plzKQncm.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users