Black (powder-coated) sissy bar and luggage rack - Honda Interstate Forum VT1300CT - VT Cafe - Forum for Honda VT1300 Series Bikes (Sabre / Stateline / Interstate)

Photo
- - - - -

Black (powder-coated) sissy bar and luggage rack

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 erught

erught

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:48 AM

Hello guys,

I'm trying to find black sissy bar and luggage rack for the Interstate; I have some evidence that those do exist, but I'm confused on how to find and purchase them.

So commonly, those are chrome, and the part numbers are as follows:

- Mounting brackets: 08F75-MFY-101

- Sissy bar: 08F75-MFY-100B

- Luggage rack:  08L42-MFY-100

I don't like those in chrome, I'd very much prefer black ones, and for example there is this webpage with a stateline: http://www.jazznsax....HondaStateline/ with very detailed description of what's there (appreciate that attention to detail! btw isn't it this very bike in the top-left corner of this website?), from the photos it's clear that the rack and sissy bar are black there, but the description lists the exact same part numbers.

So I'm really confused; are the same part numbers used for different colors? Does anybody know where can I purchase those in black?

The aforementioned page links those to www.hondadirectline.com , but as of now the site doesn't work for me.

Btw, that page seems to be created by a member of this forum: StPeteAPB, so I'd be happy if he could chime in...

Thanks everyone

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 03:41 PM

#2 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4586 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:>25K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:15 AM

Hey Dmitry, that is the bike from the forum's banner.  It belonged to Alan, if you'd like I can have him jump in and answer any questions you may have about his old ride.

#3 erught

erught

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:47 AM

It belonged to Alan, if you'd like I can have him jump in and answer any questions you may have about his old ride.

Thanks Bob! Yeah it'd be great to hear from Alan, but it's not urgent, and I already sent a DM to him, so I hope he could chime in when he has a minute.

#4 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4586 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:>25K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:27 AM

OK, but I'll mention to him you over on FB that you had sent a message,  He might not be checking in here as often anymore.

#5 StPeteAPB

StPeteAPB

I won't call you Betty, but you CAN can call me Al

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1550 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg, FL
  • Bike Info:2013 Stateline
  • Miles on bike?:11,233

Posted 28 July 2020 - 11:48 AM

Sorry for being absent, erught.

Those items were purchased as chromed from Honda.  I had the chrome stripped off and then powder-coated.

Latest Pics here

#6 erught

erught

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 03:57 PM

Hi Alan, ohh okay I see, thanks a lot for clarifying. I guess I might go through the same then, if I really want them black (and I probably do).

And thanks Bob for connecting us :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users