Guess it's about time... - Stop by and say hello...introduce yourself. - VT Cafe - Forum for Honda VT1300 Series Bikes (Sabre / Stateline / Interstate)

Photo
- - - - -

Guess it's about time...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brothermatt

brothermatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA
  • Bike Info:2012 Interstate ABS

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:21 PM

Hi everyone.  I'm enjoying the site and the useful information.  My first bike was a 2005 Vstar 1100 Silverado.  It was a quality machine that met its end on my ride home from the office one night.

I was grateful to walk away with only bruised ribs and a broken thumb but after only a couple of thousand miles, I wasn't done yet.

This time I wanted fuel injection, liquid cooling, and ABS in that similar, comfortable cruiser package... on a modest budget.

I bought my 2012 Interstate in March of 2018 with 12K on the odometer and I haven't looked back.  It really is a great machine!  When time and energy permit, I do most of the maintenance, from oil changes, to brake pads, to the valve adjustment I did two weeks ago.

A new coat of paint would be nice as the last owner did not tend to it all that well.  I'll update my signature with a list of modifications and accessories but in the meantime here are a couple of photos from before the upgrades.  Cheers.

49884950661_051bc0c376_z.jpg

49884950601_b1ab5d6dd5_z.jpg

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 04:25 PM

#2 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4559 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:>25K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 11 May 2020 - 09:28 PM

Welcome to the forum Brothermatt  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users