Towing Suggestion - Honda Interstate Forum VT1300CT - VT Cafe - Forum for Honda VT1300 Series Bikes (Sabre / Stateline / Interstate)

Photo
- - - - -

Towing Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gaurav

Gaurav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationToronto(Canada)
  • Bike Info:Honda Interstate VTC 1300
  • Miles on bike?:9000

Posted 20 January 2021 - 06:19 PM

Hello Fellow Riders,

Need some suggestions. I am Planning to rent an enclosed /covered 5’x10’ towing trailer from Uhaul to carry my motorcycle and also get some additional storage space. Surprised to know that these enclosed/ covered trailers doesn’t come with a ramp!!!! Any idea how I can solve this issue. Is there a sturdy ramp thaf I can buy(Not sure) or a hydraulic lift which can help stow the Motorcycle inside the trailer. Any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 03:50 AM

#2 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4686 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:29K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:20 PM

Find a small berm to back the trailer up to and roll the bike down into it, make sure you have help so you don't drop the bike and mess up the trailer's paint job  :rolleyes:   With four guys, you can just pick the bike up and set it inside, no need to spend cash on a ramp.

Use at least four good ratchet straps to secure it

Always, always, always have help when you do something like this - Always!

#3 Attiq

Attiq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Bike Info:3 different bikes but 4 in total

Posted 31 January 2021 - 12:38 AM

A question for you. Is this a one time tow or do you plan on towing alot?

If 1 time then go ask friends if they have ramps you can borrow. Borrow 3 of them 1 for the wheels and 1 for each foot.

If lots go look for a second hand Kendon Trailer made after 2009. Don't buy one prior to 2009 after 2009 tho brilliant trailers.

https://www.kendonus...rcycle-trailers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users