Speedometer Glass - Honda Stateline Forum VT1300CR - VT Cafe - Forum for Honda VT1300 Series Bikes (Sabre / Stateline / Interstate)

Photo
- - - - -

Speedometer Glass

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Carnutt13

Carnutt13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationStaten island, ny
  • Bike Info:2011 stateline
  • Miles on bike?:2780

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:57 PM

Does anyone know how i can clean the inside of the glass on the speedometer of my 2011 stateline
Thanks.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 11:28 AM

#2 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4584 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:>25K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:39 AM

Carnutt, I've been looking through the forums past posts and cannot find the thread about the process of replacing the faceplate on the speedo, the Fury forum wouldn't be any help, as their speedo is totally different and just bolts together.  Brew has probably moved on, and I believe he did the mod.

I'll keep looking.  But as I recall there's some bending and prying on the rim that holds the glass in, but don't hold me to that.

#3 Winbone

Winbone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationRocky Mount NC
  • Bike Info:2013 Interstate
  • Miles on bike?:29000, traded on 7/20/19

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:07 PM

I remember reading the same thing about prying it off. My 13 Interstate was starting to fog up and get a little moisture inside the speedo.

What's so bad about the moisture is the 19 low rider has it too. Going in tomorrow morning for a new speedo as they should be sealed and water tight.

#4 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4584 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:>25K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 28 September 2019 - 03:39 PM

Carnutt, this might be what Winbone & I remember

Speedometer glass

It sucks that a lot of the links to pics have been removed

#5 burnsey166

burnsey166

Being a fat asian kid means I'm 'Buddha on a bike'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1883 posts
  • LocationSt Charles, MO (StL metro area)
  • Bike Info:2010 vt1300cs Sabre (current), 1997 HD 883 Sportster, 1990 Yamaha Radian, 1984 Honda Nighthawk 700s, 1982 Yamaha Seca, 1979 Yamaha 650 Midnight Maxim
  • Miles on bike?:16,970+

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:18 AM

Does anyone know how i can clean the inside of the glass on the speedometer of my 2011 stateline
Thanks.

I have also wanted to clean the inside of the glass. Since day one there's been a little bit of glue on the inside on the bottom left corner and it has been irritating. I know my Japanese cousins put it together somehow, but not knowing how to remove it safely has been irritating me since I bought this bike. This also sounds like a winter project, while watching the St. Louis Blues play hockey...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body...
But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... WOW what a ride.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users