2015 interstate vibration - Honda Interstate Forum VT1300CT - VT Cafe - Forum for Honda VT1300 Series Bikes (Sabre / Stateline / Interstate)

Photo
- - - - -

2015 interstate vibration

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 buffalo red

buffalo red

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationmissouri
  • Bike Info:2015 Honda interstate
  • Miles on bike?:300

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

Hi I'm a newbie to your forum and recently bought a new 2015 interstate.  It seems like it has a lot of vibration and not just at 70 mph, any time I'm accelerating the floor boards and handle bars vibrate excessively. I've been riding since I was 14 and I'm 64 now so I'm not a new rider. I owned a 2000 sabre 1100 and it was nothing like this. My last three bikes were HD electra glides and they were smoother than this bike. I hope this is something that can be fixed because I really like this bike. If anyone

has any  suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. thanks

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 04:54 AM

#2 JeGo

JeGo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:52 PM

Hi I'm a newbie to your forum and recently bought a new 2015 interstate. It seems like it has a lot of vibration and not just at 70 mph, any time I'm accelerating the floor boards and handle bars vibrate excessively. I've been riding since I was 14 and I'm 64 now so I'm not a new rider. I owned a 2000 sabre 1100 and it was nothing like this. My last three bikes were HD electra glides and they were smoother than this bike. I hope this is something that can be fixed because I really like this bike. If anyone
has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I went from a Suzuki DL1000 to the Interstate and I noticed some excessive vibration in the floorboards too. I just assumed it was the nature of the beast, so to say. I guess I'm used to it now. Sometimes when I go from the highway pegs to the floorboards I notice it but quickly forget about it. The wind buffeting to me is much more of a problem!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#3 Rollout

Rollout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Bike Info:2013 Interstate VT1300CT
  • Miles on bike?:25k

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

I agree JeGo.

My 2013 Interstate has been that way from day one.

I think it's inherent on these bikes.

I don't even think about it now.

Rollout

#4 AFTAU

AFTAU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Real First Name::f
  • LocationNew Hampshire
  • Bike Info:2013 Honda VT 1300 interstate
  • Miles on bike?:7500 Miles

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

Huh,

Now I have to take mine for a vibration ride.  I dont recall noticing anything I felt was a problem. I can tell you has far less vibration then all my buddies who have street glides for sure.  

I do however usually where boots when I ride. I dont know if that would eat up what your feeling. Ill get back to you on my next outing. I have a 13 interstate with about 8500 on it now. 

Wingz%20airport_zpsdgzx3o3b.jpg

#5 burnsey166

burnsey166

Being a fat asian kid means I'm 'Buddha on a bike'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1883 posts
  • LocationSt Charles, MO (StL metro area)
  • Bike Info:2010 vt1300cs Sabre (current), 1997 HD 883 Sportster, 1990 Yamaha Radian, 1984 Honda Nighthawk 700s, 1982 Yamaha Seca, 1979 Yamaha 650 Midnight Maxim
  • Miles on bike?:16,970+

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:00 PM

Hey Buffalo! I have a '10 Sabre, with 11k miles on the clock and a Memphis shorty shield. I don't have any vibration, but I don't have the floorboards or full windshield. So I can't speak for any vibration that you are experiencing.

On the other hand...WELCOME! To the family and to the fun. Keep asking questions and we will help out any way we can.
Got any pics of your bicycle?

(By the way...wherebouts in Misery to you live?...I'm in St Charles).
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body...
But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... WOW what a ride.

#6 drhobbs

drhobbs

drhobbs

• Sponsor Member
  • 462 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas 76123
  • Bike Info:2010 Honda VT1300 Interstate
  • Miles on bike?:3500

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

​Buffalo Red, have your tires checked....air and balance because the Interstate does not vibrate.

gallery_1657_745_118706.jpg

#7 Rollout

Rollout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:23 PM

When my new Metzelers were put on a few years ago, I still had some vibration in the floor boards at certain speeds and rpm's.

You're straddling an engine with 2 decent sized pistons chugging up and down an average of 2500 times per minute,

some vibration might be expected.

Rollout

#8 artynyc

artynyc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Bike Info:Honda Stateline '12, Yamaha Vstar 650 '06, Honda CB550 '76
  • Miles on bike?:5181

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:56 PM

I have a Stateline, vibration is there... but nothing crazy, perhaps everyone has different sensitivities on different body parts to it
Anyways... thought I'd link this forums post below. Healthy amount of ways to troubleshoot excessive vibrations:
http://www.fireblade...cs/65996?page=4

Hope this helps.
Ride safe,
Arty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If you ride like there is no tomorrow, there may not be tomorrow for you”
“Do not argue with trucks”
“Do not argue with a woman with a wrench in her hand”
“Moto-tourists like to travel and ride, motorsport guys like to ride to the finish, and bikers just like to ride on!”
“Some bikes don’t leak oil, they just mark their territory”
“Riding faster than everyone else, only guarantees you will ride by yourself”
“Young bikers choose a destination and go, seasoned ones, just choose a general direction”
“If you catch a bug while going 80, you vocabulary may double”
“If you want to be closer to G-d, keep overtaking everyone”

IMG_11623sm_zpsurcha4fv.jpgVP3221258_3sm_zps6w6nymsx.jpg

IMG_0151_zpsbi8bf2y2.jpg

#9 nospeed

nospeed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

No vibration for me and not even close to the vibration of a friends dyna glide and my sons soft tail.

#10 buffalo red

buffalo red

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationmissouri
  • Bike Info:2015 Honda interstate
  • Miles on bike?:300

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:48 PM

Thanks guys for all the advice. I have an appointment at the dealer Thursday, they're going to take a look at it. They want to check  the drive shaft. I'll let you know what they find if anything, and to the guy in St. Charles I live in KC. thanks again

#11 JeGo

JeGo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:57 PM

Thanks guys for all the advice. I have an appointment at the dealer Thursday, they're going to take a look at it. They want to check the drive shaft. I'll let you know what they find if anything, and to the guy in St. Charles I live in KC. thanks again

We haven't been a lot of help on this one I know. But as you can see, different strokes for different folks. Meaning we all experience differences on our bikes. Not everybody has the vibrations just like not everybody has the buffeting.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapalk

#12 joe w.

joe w.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Locationwestport ma.
  • Bike Info:2011 honda interstate 1300
  • Miles on bike?:742

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:58 PM

Check your tires air pressure and rebalance your tires!!!

#13 Rollout

Rollout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:42 AM

With your bike idling at a stand still, keep one foot on a floor board and rev the engine through the rpm range. You will most likely feel some vibration at different points through the floor board. If it gets much worse when you are moving, there may be another factor involved.

I would think that if the wheels were the cause, you would eventually see some uneven wear on the tires?

(just spit balling here)

Rollout

#14 chastehel

chastehel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH
  • Bike Info:2015 VT1300 CT
  • Miles on bike?:215

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:04 AM

Hi I'm a newbie to your forum and recently bought a new 2015 interstate. It seems like it has a lot of vibration and not just at 70 mph, any time I'm accelerating the floor boards and handle bars vibrate excessively. I've been riding since I was 14 and I'm 64 now so I'm not a new rider. I owned a 2000 sabre 1100 and it was nothing like this. My last three bikes were HD electra glides and they were smoother than this bike. I hope this is something that can be fixed because I really like this bike. If anyone
has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Morning! I'm a newbie too. I have also have a 15 Interstate that I got about a month ago and just rolled 300 miles. On the freeway last night I noticed some vibration around 70-75 but I didn't think it was tolerable for me.

The buffeting issue was enough to make me think twice about the bike. I added some home-made lowers last night before my ride and the freeway experience was much nicer.

There are a couple threads on here specific to it that you can browse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 billev

billev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationLoveland, Oh
  • Bike Info:2015 Harley Ultra Limited Low

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:38 AM

Hope your dealer finds and resolves the vibration, because it doesn't exist on my interstate. The buffeting on a stock interstate is the worst of any bike I've ever ridden, but is 'fully' resolveable.
I cannot believe that Honda produced a bike called an interstate for 6 years without making the wind buffeting mods we are using standard equipment.
Maybe they would still be producing the bike had they done so.

med_gallery_1890_234_2927945.jpg

#16 drhobbs

drhobbs

drhobbs

• Sponsor Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

​Well guys, Black Beauty is as smooth as a baby behind no vibration or buffeting don't care how high the wind. The best bike I have ever had. :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

#17 JeGo

JeGo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:25 AM

​Well guys, Black Beauty is as smooth as a baby behind no vibration or buffeting don't care how high the wind. The best bike I have ever had. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Wish we all could say the same drhobbs!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#18 artynyc

artynyc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Bike Info:Honda Stateline '12, Yamaha Vstar 650 '06, Honda CB550 '76
  • Miles on bike?:5181

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:36 AM

+1 with DrHobbs!

Any "roughness" my ride got is by me doing some performance mods (Cobra Slips, PowrFlo Intake) etc...

I am enjoying my "vibrations" :D

"If you ride like there is no tomorrow, there may not be tomorrow for you”
“Do not argue with trucks”
“Do not argue with a woman with a wrench in her hand”
“Moto-tourists like to travel and ride, motorsport guys like to ride to the finish, and bikers just like to ride on!”
“Some bikes don’t leak oil, they just mark their territory”
“Riding faster than everyone else, only guarantees you will ride by yourself”
“Young bikers choose a destination and go, seasoned ones, just choose a general direction”
“If you catch a bug while going 80, you vocabulary may double”
“If you want to be closer to G-d, keep overtaking everyone”

IMG_11623sm_zpsurcha4fv.jpgVP3221258_3sm_zps6w6nymsx.jpg

IMG_0151_zpsbi8bf2y2.jpg

#19 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4574 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:>25K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:35 AM

My 2010 Sabre is also nice and smooth.  Even at high RPM and freeway speeds, the engine throbbing really isn't an undesirable vibration in my opinion.

Passng%20in%20a%20tunnel.gif

#20 drhobbs

drhobbs

drhobbs

• Sponsor Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth Bob J....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users