Sabre backrest - Honda Sabre Forum VT1300CS - VT Cafe - Forum for Honda VT1300 Series Bikes (Sabre / Stateline / Interstate)

Photo
- - - - -

Sabre backrest

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 burnsey166

burnsey166

Being a fat asian kid means I'm 'Buddha on a bike'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts
  • LocationSt Charles, MO (StL metro area)
  • Bike Info:2010 vt1300cs Sabre (current), 1997 HD 883 Sportster, 1990 Yamaha Radian, 1984 Honda Nighthawk 700s, 1982 Yamaha Seca, 1979 Yamaha 650 Midnight Maxim
  • Miles on bike?:16,970+

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:27 PM

Hey guys (and gals),

It's me, Wayne, back from the almost dead! I had a heart attack last July and almost died at John Cochran VA medical center in St Louis, MO. I will never, ever, bad mouth those folks at the VA. They were fantastic. After four mini-strokes, heart attack, valve replacement and a double bypass, BAM! here I am!!! And I started riding again about a month ago.

Alright, I know that I have asked about this in the past, and even researched it in the past, and posted on other member's threads...but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I have a 'stock' 2010 VT1300CS Sabre, and I want to add a back rest (about medium height), not a sissy bar. Bonus would be a little shelf/bracket to tie stuff to the back. 

This all stems from a newly engaged bride-to-be, that wants to ride, but wants a back rest for herself until such time that we can trade into a larger bike (possibly an Interstate or Stateline).

I changed out the seat from stock to a Mustang Daytripper several years back, and now I am thinking of trading it for another.

So can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Wayne in St Louis Missouri USA (for our members over the water!)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body...
But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... WOW what a ride.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 07:57 AM

#2 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4730 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:29K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:06 AM

Burnsey, the only stuff I know of being close to what you want is the Cobra backrest & luggage rack setup.

The good thing there is that you don't need to sell your Mustang seat.

#3 ECHO

ECHO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO
  • Bike Info:2011 Interstate
  • Miles on bike?:23,000

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:05 PM

Welcome back Burnsey!  Didn't see you on the forum and was wondering where you were. 

#4 Attiq

Attiq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Bike Info:3 different bikes but 4 in total

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:26 AM

I bought me one of these. I just need to figure out a mounting solution and paint it black!!!

dk6Cu1cb.jpg

The bag rest part folds up into the back of the sissy bar. One of the coolest things I've ever seen a sissy bar do.

These are also cool.

https://www.kuryakyn...ar-backrest-pad

fMJE9aCl.jpg?1

My Honda Sabre 2010

#5 Ron in MO

Ron in MO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 03:35 PM

Glad to hear you made it through all your surgeries are back up to riding again. Even nicer to hear your fiancé wants to participate.
My Interstate has the short square Cobra backrest which is made very well, but I never have a rider to tell me how it feels. I like the way their luggage racks bolt easily to the backrest brackets and look like they can be removed when not in use. I also have the Mustang touring seat, which is wonderful.

By the way, I can relate to your health issues. I’m just twelve weeks into recovery from open heart surgery and I feel great! Modern medicine can work wonders these days. Enjoy your accessories shopping and ride safe.

4EEAE06E-0E4D-44B9-B38C-96F01DB9DD0E.jpe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users