2015 interstate vibration - Page 3 - Honda Interstate Forum VT1300CT - VT Cafe - Forum for Honda VT1300 Series Bikes (Sabre / Stateline / Interstate)

Photo
- - - - -

2015 interstate vibration

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 willowsjim

willowsjim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Bike Info:2015 Honda Interstate
  • Miles on bike?:18000

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:32 PM

I have eliminated head buffeting by adding fork deflectors and a device called a laminar lip to the wind screen. The lip is a reverse wing that forces the jet stream about 4 inches higher over the windscreen without it. Im 5'9" and its enough to keep my helmet out of the wind blast over the top of the windscreen. Between the two my Interstate is a dream above 55 mph. Heres pics of them. The fork deflectors I shaped myself because I felt the originals were too large. I really feel the fork deflectors solves 75% of the problem.

-Jim

2ec9ce38-aea8-45d2-a6f8-4edf0833ea06_zps4c84d644-2f92-4d7c-b3a7-2dd4fbae0231_zps

sorry i posted my last message under the wrong topic. Apologies..

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 03:50 PM

#42 pickles

pickles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTampa Florida
  • Bike Info:2015 Interstate
  • Miles on bike?:226

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

If the bike is brand new try "rolling" side to side while driving down the street to warm up the tires. That may sound dumb but if it has been sitting at the dealer for a while the tires could have "set spots" in them. My 2015 was brand new and I took it for a 200 mile shakedown cruise last week. The further I rode the smoother it got except for the buffeting around 75. I'm trying the lowers off my Suzuki to see if that helps.

#43 hikertodd

hikertodd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSeattle area
  • Bike Info:2012 Interstate
  • Miles on bike?:11000

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

I rode about 275 miles on the freeway a couple of days ago ( from 20MPH through downtown Seattle to 75 MPH), noticed very little vibration through the floorboards when the road was smooth.  I have Cobra Fatty highway bars and Kuryakyn pegs on the bike, and I do feel A LOT more vibration through the Kury pegs than I do on the floorboards.  So if you're getting significant vibration on the floorboards, something is likely amiss.

#44 Getrdone

Getrdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Bike Info:Vt1300ct Interstate
  • Miles on bike?:1150

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:01 PM

I have eliminated head buffeting by adding fork deflectors and a device called a laminar lip to the wind screen. The lip is a reverse wing that forces the jet stream about 4 inches higher over the windscreen without it. Im 5'9" and its enough to keep my helmet out of the wind blast over the top of the windscreen. Between the two my Interstate is a dream above 55 mph. Heres pics of them. The fork deflectors I shaped myself because I felt the originals were too large. I really feel the fork deflectors solves 75% of the problem.
-Jim
2ec9ce38-aea8-45d2-a6f8-4edf0833ea06_zps4c84d644-2f92-4d7c-b3a7-2dd4fbae0231_zps

sorry i posted my last message under the wrong topic. Apologies..

willowsjim: I’m using the Puig visor on my windshield and Memphis Shades Wind Deflector (long). What is the gap between your laminar lip and the windshield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 indadman

indadman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDallas
  • Bike Info:2014 Honda 1300CT
  • Miles on bike?:215

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:28 PM

This laminar lip...is this a product that is available to purchase?

#46 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4585 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:>25K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:28 PM

Laminar lip

#47 indadman

indadman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDallas
  • Bike Info:2014 Honda 1300CT
  • Miles on bike?:215

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:31 PM

Got it.  Thanks.

#48 StPeteAPB

StPeteAPB

I won't call you Betty, but you CAN can call me Al

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1550 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg, FL
  • Bike Info:2013 Stateline
  • Miles on bike?:11,233

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:56 AM

Windvest if you have a fairing:

http://www.windvest....ctra_glide.html

Latest Pics here

#49 thisguylikesfun

thisguylikesfun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationForest Grove, Or
  • Bike Info:Honda Interstate VT1300CT
  • Miles on bike?:under 3000 on this bike

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:03 PM

I have a 2010 Interstate that i bought a couple years ago from a guy with under 3000 miles on it. at 50+ (higher RPM) my bike has a bad vibration. i would be interested to hear what your dealer said regarding that issue. i just took mine in for new tires hoping that would fix the problem................... NOPE ! i have been riding sense i was 15, (am now 59) and never had this problem before and this is my 10th bike i would rather ride my 1984 Honda nighthawk 650 ! ( CB650SC) all of my bikes were Honda's and they all ran smoooooooooth    "WHAT THE BLEEP???"

#50 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4585 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:>25K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 26 June 2020 - 11:16 AM

What the BLEEP indeed!  Sorry to hear that guy.

Has a qualified Honda dealer taken a whack at it?  If so, what did they try?

Can the vibration be duplicated while the bike is in neutral, or does it have to be rolling?  Can you find a place to get up to that speed while coasting downhill, then pull in the clutch so the engine RPM's drop to near idle? will the vibes stop?

Silly stuff dept:

Have you run any good fuel system cleaner through it?

What do the wheel weights look like?

If you stay in fourth gear, can the vibes be duplicated at the same speed, or does it happen sooner?

Has anyone checked the steering head bearings?  Or for any other loose hardware?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users