Saddlebags for Stateline - Honda Stateline Forum VT1300CR - VT Cafe - Forum for Honda VT1300 Series Bikes (Sabre / Stateline / Interstate)

Photo
- - - - -

Saddlebags for Stateline

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 iamlegend

iamlegend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationValencia, CA
  • Bike Info:2014 Honda Stateline VT1300CR

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:23 PM

I have seen threads about saddlebags for the Stateline, but nothing too recent.  I can't believe more people don't want to add them.  Anyway, I want a hard locking case for my Stateline, and I think my options are either using a Stock Honda Interstate set of saddlebags, or Willie and Max.  I called Willie and Max, and the number was invalid.  Does anyone know if they are out of business?

Also, does anyone else have any suggestions on where to get nice saddlebags for the Stateline that doesn't require any custom work or drilling?

See attachment... Ideally, I'd love to have those bags.

Thanks!

~Eric

Attached Files

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 04:09 AM

#2 Cholly Murphy

Cholly Murphy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:19 PM

Willie and Max was bought by Dowco a while back, Dowco is now discontinuing the touring kits, but might have a few left over
https://dowcopowersp...m/touring-kits/

here's a quote I got on 7/9/2015
Upper fairing with or without stereo cutouts and mounting hardware, ready to paint - $350
Saddlebags and mounting hardware, ready to paint - $350
Stereo kit without head unit – (Includes 5.25” speakers, amp, hidden antenna, wire harness) $100

#3 Fastfocus

Fastfocus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Bike Info:Stateline
  • Miles on bike?:1760

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:20 AM

I bought those bags in the spring! Photo below. Only complaint on them, is that they do rattle quite a bit! However I live in the land of pot holes, and if I'm wearing my headphones which is most of the time, no complaints. I also custom fitted some very thin carpeting inside of them before having them painted so that there would be some cushioning inside, and had also hoped it would dampen sound vibration. It ran me about $295 to get them custom painted. 

med_gallery_6425_505_1021676.jpg

#4 sanity

sanity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV
  • Bike Info:2012 Victory Cross Roads
  • Miles on bike?:Interstate sold at 92,144 Victory starting 7219

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:34 PM

Those are really sharp looking.

#5 StPeteAPB

StPeteAPB

I won't call you Betty, but you CAN can call me Al

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1550 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg, FL
  • Bike Info:2013 Stateline
  • Miles on bike?:11,233

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:23 AM

I have seen threads about saddlebags for the Stateline, but nothing too recent.  I can't believe more people don't want to add them.  Anyway, I want a hard locking case for my Stateline, and I think my options are either using a Stock Honda Interstate set of saddlebags, or Willie and Max.  I called Willie and Max, and the number was invalid.  Does anyone know if they are out of business?

Also, does anyone else have any suggestions on where to get nice saddlebags for the Stateline that doesn't require any custom work or drilling?

See attachment... Ideally, I'd love to have those bags.

Thanks!

~Eric

Look at NeckBurn's reply.

I have these bags as part of the bags/fairing kit and love it all - just like Fastfocus'

Latest Pics here

#6 Alec Dawson

Alec Dawson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Bike Info:Honda 2010 Stateline ABS
  • Miles on bike?:2029

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:36 AM

I bought those bags in the spring! Photo below. Only complaint on them, is that they do rattle quite a bit! However I live in the land of pot holes, and if I'm wearing my headphones which is most of the time, no complaints. I also custom fitted some very thin carpeting inside of them before having them painted so that there would be some cushioning inside, and had also hoped it would dampen sound vibration. It ran me about $295 to get them custom painted. 

You're bike looks awesome!

Looking for more hard / lockable saddlebag ides for my Honda Stateline.... advice?

Alec Dawson - Photographic Artist

www.AlecDawson.net

#7 barclatheus

barclatheus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationRound Lake Beach, IL
  • Bike Info:2012 Stateline
  • Miles on bike?:30878

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:46 AM

I really like my lockable Viking bags, had my brother in law make some brackets for me to hard mount them. Too bad he works too much to make more, sorry. But they were rigid enough to protect the rear of my bike when I went down, just got another set of these yesterday: http://www.vikingbag...hQueryId=278434

#8 Alec Dawson

Alec Dawson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Bike Info:Honda 2010 Stateline ABS
  • Miles on bike?:2029

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:34 AM

I went ahead and ordered the Willie & Max saddle bags.  =)

$295 per each?  Or total?

Alec Dawson - Photographic Artist

www.AlecDawson.net

#9 tony

tony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSaanichton, B.C
  • Bike Info:2012 VT1300 Stateline
  • Miles on bike?:1000 kms

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:21 PM

I really like my lockable Viking bags, had my brother in law make some brackets for me to hard mount them. Too bad he works too much to make more, sorry. But they were rigid enough to protect the rear of my bike when I went down, just got another set of these yesterday: http://www.vikingbag...hQueryId=278434

I went to the site and "Devin" said they don't carry bags/brackets for the Stateline..

#10 Fastfocus

Fastfocus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Bike Info:Stateline
  • Miles on bike?:1760

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:25 AM

I went ahead and ordered the Willie & Max saddle bags.  =)

$295 per each?  Or total?

It was $295 to paint them both! 

med_gallery_6425_505_1021676.jpg

#11 StPeteAPB

StPeteAPB

I won't call you Betty, but you CAN can call me Al

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1550 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg, FL
  • Bike Info:2013 Stateline
  • Miles on bike?:11,233

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:53 AM

FastFocus: Put a little Velcro on the rims of the saddlebags (both left & right of lock) as well as on the lid. Stops the rattling.

Don't use too much or or makes it a b!tch to open them.
Latest Pics here

#12 jmd1388

jmd1388

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSouthern Illinois
  • Bike Info:2010 Honda Stateline VT1300CRA
  • Miles on bike?:7800

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:15 PM

I just ordered the full touring kit from Dowco.  You just have to call now at 1-800-558-7755.  Click option 2.  Then extension 109.  Talk to Jim.  They only have about half a dozen bag kits and just 3-4 fairings left, but they are going for $400 for bags, $300 for fairing, and that includes all brackets, shipping, and they knocked some off for taxes for me!  Will need to be painted, but that's still a deal!

May my opinion be changed by evidence.

May my heart be changed by the Lord.

#13 faded sun

faded sun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Bike Info:Victory Vision Tour
  • Miles on bike?:74,000

Posted 12 February 2021 - 01:56 AM

I see this has been quiet for the past few years. I am just buying a 2010 Stateline and am interested to put hard bags on it. 

Not much choice on FortNine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jock

#14 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4686 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:29K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 14 February 2021 - 04:39 PM

Here's what Kuryakin has in their current catalog

My Iron rider setup.

gallery_1004_72_5394.jpg

#15 mschwarz

mschwarz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationFreeburg il
  • Bike Info:2011 Interstate VT1300CT
  • Miles on bike?:19000

Posted 18 February 2021 - 12:50 PM

I am possibly going to have a set of OEM Interstate bags for sale soon. I purchased a set of Harley bags ... yes I know sacrilege. But, couldn't beat the deal. New, painted, with hardware, 125. I was getting ready to make a foam mold from the stock and use fiberglass to build and extend them but the cost for doing that and getting these just made more sense. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users