Who's fitted a Hypercharger? - Honda Sabre Forum VT1300CS - VT Cafe - Forum for Honda VT1300 Series Bikes (Sabre / Stateline / Interstate)

Photo
- - - - -

Who's fitted a Hypercharger?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vtriderprospect

Vtriderprospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTasmania
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:11,000

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:00 AM

Researching this option.
So far,
Low and Mean sells an adaptor: HD intake to VT1300,$200
Hypercharger $300
Dynojet power commander $250-350 depending on the model

Then you have to drill and tap your Throttle Body for the vacuum line.

Who has done one and is it a nightmare or worth the effort/expense?

All guidance gratefully accepted.....

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 04:33 PM

#2 Bob J

Bob J

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4559 posts
  • LocationThe Driftless Area of Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:>25K not too bad for a bike that's parked for almost six months of the year!

Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:24 AM

The Hypercharger is actually a gimmick air cleaner that uses engine vacuum to open some butterflies on its case. It doesn't really add any performance to the engine, Actual ram air effect doesn't begin to work until ~150 MPH, and that's just not going to happen with our bikes, but it does look cool.  The Cobra filter looks like a chrome scoop (They also have a black one too!) it probably filters the air just as well, it is also a bit cheaper than the Hypercharger.  I myself just put a K&N filter element ($70) in the stock air cleaner and said good enough.

There's only one Power Commander for your bike, the one you want is their 16-025 model, it's listed here in the states now for $359, the original sticker on my box says $399. (But I got a great deal from a member here  ;) )  One note here is that it's generally agreed upon that you will need a fuel controller i.e. Power Commander if you change both the intake and exhaust.  If you only change one or the other, it's not necessary to add the PC-V.

Have you done the pair valve mod yet? It will change the emissions system on your bike, so be aware of this if there are consequences with the local law.  It will change the sound of the exhaust to a more normal tone, removing that strange "Gurgling" sound (That's what I call it) on deceleration.  It may not give you any extra ponies, but it sure sounds better.

It seems to me that the most common, and first addition to our bikes that most members here have done is to change the seat, after that we do exhaust mods, by drilling out the baffles, some people even bash out the catalytic converter, some people add slip-on mufflers from Cobra or Vance & Hines, some like me, have replaced the entire unit with a full system, and keep the stock exhaust in an un-modified condition.  The full system is usually the most expensive mod most people do to their bike. Swapping out wheels and adding raked trees and fork extensions goes to another level altogether, it's CRAZY pricey!

Do you have the red or black Sabre. I love 'em both.

Shoot us some scenic pics of you & your ride!  Do you take the ferry to the mainland for longer rides?

Ride safe!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users