battery - Honda Interstate Forum VT1300CT - VT Cafe - Forum for Honda VT1300 Series Bikes (Sabre / Stateline / Interstate)

Photo
- - - - -

battery

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joe w.

joe w.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Locationwestport ma.
  • Bike Info:2011 honda interstate 1300
  • Miles on bike?:742

Posted 07 April 2021 - 08:18 PM

What is best battery for Vt1300 ??

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 09:23 AM

#2 Attiq

Attiq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Bike Info:3 different bikes but 4 in total

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:15 PM

It depends on what you want.

The VT 1300 has a CCA requirement of 230.. The previous owner of my bike had a battery of 160 CCA, not nearly enough always had problems. I replaced it with a lithium battery of 320 CCA and have never had a problem since.

The battery I bought was a earthX ETX36C lithium battery. Super expensive, weights a quarter of normal batteries, has better starting abilities than a normal battery and lasts longer than a normal battery if used correctly. You will need to buy a different battery charger tho, I bought a Optimate LiFeP04 charger. So again I say expensive, but to me it has been well worth the money spent. (So long as it lasts at least 10 years).

fMJE9aCl.jpg?1

My Honda Sabre 2010

#3 ECHO

ECHO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO
  • Bike Info:2011 Interstate
  • Miles on bike?:23,000

Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:50 PM

Agree with the above.  I bought the EarthX ETX36C lithium battery as well and no more hot start issues!  Cost was $380 but worth every cent!  You can find cheaper lithium batteries I'm sure but this one is made in the good ol' USA.  Whatever you do, don't buy a battery with less than 280 CCA.  Even a brand new stock battery at 230 CCA's is not powerful enough to overcome the hot engine restart issue.   The issue is well documented in the FuryForum  https://www.furyforu...y-review.66401/

#4 Attiq

Attiq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:18 AM

Echo. You are lucky....

It cost me $950au with the charger and freight to my door for mine..... =-(

But again I don't regret it. The bike starts first time every time since changing the battery. The old statements of "you pay for what you get" and "if you pay peanuts you get monkeys" totally apply.

fMJE9aCl.jpg?1

My Honda Sabre 2010

#5 Ron in MO

Ron in MO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:05 PM

I’m cheaper than Echo and Attiq. Last summer I purchased a Battery Tender brand lithium battery for $150 and have been completely happy with it. It has 270 CCA, but it still fixed the hot start problem many of our bikes have.

Just do an internet search on this: BMS 12-Volt Lithium Battery - BTL12A270CW
and you see where you can buy one.

#6 Attiq

Attiq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted Yesterday, 08:03 PM

That is a great price Ron. 270CCA is more than enough as well. I probably would have gotten that if there was a seller in Aust.

fMJE9aCl.jpg?1

My Honda Sabre 2010

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users