Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois
  • Bike Info:VT1300CT
  • Miles on bike?:5000

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

Got an email from Ultimate today, they are (finally) starting to produce seats. Here is a link  http://www.ultimates...1300.html#specs

#2 willajabir

willajabir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • LocationGardendale, Alabama
  • Bike Info:V-Star 950
  • Miles on bike?:2000

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

Thanks Brew....

Is it just me, or is that seat butt ugly (pun intended)?

- - - - - - - - - - - -
I've spent so much on motorcycles, but I was still able to buy Jed Clampett's old place.

http://goo.gl/ocXowF <--My Google photos
Larry

#3 Bob J

Bob J

Dilapidated Member

• Moderators
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationTrempealeau County, Wisconsin
  • Bike Info:2010 Sabre
  • Miles on bike?:Not enough

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

It's not just you, but I think the seat would be real comfortable for the rider & passenger.

My Wife likes the comfort of my Corbin over the stock padded plank, however I think she'd like this seat much more, because she could then look over my head like she can on my Harley, with its stepped seat, on my VT she looks at the back of my helmet, or big fat head!

HoHoHo.jpg

#4 Tom

Tom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor Member
  • 586 posts
  • LocationBattle Mountain Nevada
  • Bike Info:2011 Honda Interstate
  • Miles on bike?:15000

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

Your right Willy those are ugly but look real comfy. Looking at your seat Bob compared to the other not really that much higher. Pretty proud of the seats looking at the price's they have on them. Like my Mustang and sticking with it for now.

Have added Cobra slash down exhaust, Cobra fatty highway bar, Kuryakyn adjustable pegs, Mustang wide touring seat with back rest, K&N airfilter, and will be adding the fuel controller with pair valve block soon.

DSCN0228
Uploaded 10 Jul 2013 - 23:10

#5 whynot

whynot

WHYNOT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationMarshfield, WI
  • Bike Info:2010 Honda Interstate

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

They aren't the nicest looking seat, but they are very comfortable. Rode a friends VTX with an Ultimate seat, very nice..

Very expensive and way behind schedule though.

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.

2010 Interstate. Memory foam seat upgrade. Cobra FI2000R fuel tuner. Cobra slip ons. Modified air box ( going Cobra). MEM lowers (helped a lot). Pair valve removal and block off plates installed. Removed Honda badges and front fork reflectors

#6 Brew

Brew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

I had one on my VTX and have been waiting for 2 yrs for this, I will let you know how it is in the spring

#7 wicked_dragon13

wicked_dragon13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx
  • Bike Info:2012 Honda Interstate
  • Miles on bike?:2200

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

I just purchased my bike a few months ago and still have the stock seat. I spoke with a mustang rep during a local bike show in Dallas & he suggested the day tripper or the tripper fast back based on my riding style. When I ride I can cover 300 - 400 miles in a day. When the wife rides we usually cover about half the distance. My intent is to keep the sleek custom look of the bike so I would like to avoid anything that is big and bulky if possible - ie: the ultimate seat; comfy but not much on looks. (LOL) I would love to hear other riders opinions with similar riding styles as mine. Thank you in advance and ride safe!  

#8 Pistondriven

Pistondriven

Failure to Yielder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • LocationMars if I have my way
  • Bike Info:2010 VT1300CSA Red
  • Miles on bike?:5700ish

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

EWE!

My chick, my kids, my bike, my friends, chicken wings n IPA's
null_zpsc406a576.jpg

#9 Brew

Brew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Well in my case, as far as seats go, it is function over form.I don't care how it looks parked as long as I can be comfy all day or all weekend. I have, so far,on my Interstate had 1. stock seat, sucked, could go about an hour at a time. 2. Mean City Cycle modified stock seat, better, could  go a tank full with out trouble, second tank not .3. Mustang Day Tripper, not much better than modded stock, 4. Mustang Vintage Wide, little better, but still can't go 4 or 5 hours in a day, with multiple stops.

When I had a VTX1300, the first week I had it, went for lunch 1.5 hours away, OK going up, I had to stop twice coming home, Monday I ordered a Ultimate and was completely happy for years. Got a Fury, had the seat modded by Mean City, happy for the 2 years I had it.  The Interstate, not so good so far.

#10 sanity

sanity

Advanced Member

• Sponsor Member
  • 573 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV
  • Bike Info:2011 Interstate purchased new in April 2012
  • Miles on bike?:58,000

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

wicked, I ride long days 300-500 miles on weekends, and I ride every day for transportation.  I still have my stock seat, because, like you, I like the look.  I had a mustang on my Shadow, and it has been a difficult decision for me not to change seats since I know the difference, lol.  I have looked at a few custom solo seats, and nothing strikes me as a big enough change in comfort to make the switch.  Brew, I want form and function, though I understand the challenge with the geometry of our bikes. It took awhile, but I have gotten more used to the stock seat, though I often would like a better one.

#11 HomeBrewer

HomeBrewer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
  • Bike Info:2010 Interstate SOLD. Now enjoying a 2013 Goldwing F6B

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

When I first got my Interstate I could ride for an hour on the stock seat before I needed a break. I put on my Airhawk seat pad and that was much better but the wife could not stand sitting on that kleenex box passenger seat. So put on the Mustang Wide Touring seat with backrest and everyones happy. If I'm going on an extended trip I will bring my Airhawk just to squeeze some more miles outta my butt. I have rode a VTX 1300 with the Ultimate seat and found it to be very comfy.    file_zpse964835a.jpg

#12 trennmaschine

trennmaschine

Advanced Member

• Sponsor Member
  • 45 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia
  • Bike Info:2012 Interstate
  • Miles on bike?:450

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

I got a Mustang touring seat for my '12 Interstate. I've had stock, Corbin, and other Mustang saddles. My last two bikes I wound up with Mustang for comfort of 6 to 8 hour ride segments and have not regretted it. The price is a bit high, but worth the comfort. I think the form of the tourer follows the Interstate pretty well.

#13 Brew

Brew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

I also have the Mustang on mine, but still can only ride about 2 hours. Got an email today that my new Ultimate seat has shipped. I should have it Mon or Tues, just in time for the foot of snow that is forecast

#14 willajabir

willajabir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

I'm looking forward to you posting a pic, Brew, that I hope the seat looks better on your bike than the pics on their website.....

- - - - - - - - - - - -
I've spent so much on motorcycles, but I was still able to buy Jed Clampett's old place.

Larry

#15 Tom

Tom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor Member
  • 586 posts
  • LocationBattle Mountain Nevada
  • Bike Info:2011 Honda Interstate

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:11 AM

Yes we need pictures and then the old ass-o-meter for the comfort and fit and how long you can stay in the saddle or a guess anyway for this time of year.

Have added Cobra slash down exhaust, Cobra fatty highway bar, Kuryakyn adjustable pegs, Mustang wide touring seat with back rest, K&N airfilter, and will be adding the fuel controller with pair valve block soon.

DSCN0228
Uploaded 10 Jul 2013 - 23:10

#16 Brew

Brew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

I know on my VTX I went from a couple of hours to all day when I switched seats.(to the Ultimate)

#17 trennmaschine

trennmaschine

Advanced Member

• Sponsor Member
  • 45 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia
  • Bike Info:2012 Interstate
  • Miles on bike?:450

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

I've also heard some good things about these -

http://www.saddlemen...ring-seats.html

#18 willajabir

willajabir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

I know on my VTX I went from a couple of hours to all day when I switched seats.(to the Ultimate)

Oh yeah...and it looked lovely too....uh, I mean, it looked really cool and manly....I had one and my posterior loved it. (VTX1300R) 

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Larry

#19 Brew

Brew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

Oh yeah...and it looked lovely too....uh, I mean, it looked really cool and manly....I had one and my posterior loved it. (VTX1300R) 

A bike that cannot be ridden for long periods is useless to me, if I wanted a pretty bike that is not functional, I would have a HD in the garage, and trailer to haul it on.

luckily, I am not concerned with others opinions of my bikes

blue1300.jpg

#20 willajabir

willajabir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Uh, my apologies Brew, I was referring to mine and thought I clarified that at the end......and was insulting my own choice of words to describe it.... now that I look back, I see it wasn't clear.

I'm in agreement with your statement. Remember, I'm the one that put homemade stuff on my bike because I didn't like the ones on the market. I ain't Duck Dynasty type (my opinion) but I do live in the Heart of Dixie. :rolleyes:

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Larry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users