Honda VT1300 Forum banner

Thrifty's ride pics......

17K views 50 replies 19 participants last post by  Uncle Mank 
#1 ·
Finally a thread for all my pics from when I get out and about.... Enjoy & if any of you are in the PNW let me know and we can meet up and hit the road.......

Today I did one of my favorite rides again. Up whidbey island to deception pass, up to Mt. Erie for a great view of the surrounding area.. 200 and change round trip and I was gone for about 8 hours. I love long rides....

Deception Pass

View from Mt. Erie

This one here is a video. Click to view....

Deception Pass

Pics from a trail at DP.

At Langley

Until next time... Now get out there and ride your F'n bikes!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Will do Kathy.....

I went up to Mt. Rainier today. Warmer then I expected but a really nice ride. Not a lot of people up there... It now costs $15 to get up to Paradise but you can get a yearly pass for $30.

And here we go.... Not the best but hey, I'm still surprised that my POS V1 Droid takes halfway decent pics.....

This is a video.

Enjoy... Until my next days off.....

#4 ·
I almost dont believe you took these pics. Look more like out of a magazine :) I am jealous. Can I rent your basement? I am ready to move northwest. Great shots Thrifty.

#7 ·
Very nice Thrifty - thanks for sharing. Having lived in the keys you're aware that we don't see sights like that down here in Florida. I thought briefly to give up the sandy beaches, waves and bikinis to move north. (yeah.....not really). Those pics are awesome though. Would love to go on a ride like that!

#8 ·
Alright, Spent the weekend riding the Cascades. It's been a couple years since I've been out there but what a ride. Rode out Saturday to Lake Chelan, spent the night and decided to come back the same route. So many twisty's and views. Can't wait to do it again. Although 7 hours the first day and over 5 the next takes a beating on ya... Enjoy the pics and until next time....... Ride your F'n bikes!!!

#16 ·
Thrifty,
Dude, these are some really great pics. I especially like the one from the riders position. (by the way, what was the temp on those days). You got some really awesome riding in your part of the country. Don't get me wrong, we have some great riding out here in Va as well; but NOTHING like what you have. I have an Uncle in Gig Harbor, I should take him up on his offer one day SOON and ride out there for a visit.
And then I could take you up on your balcony offer :D

#19 ·
Hey what kinda grips are those?

#21 ·
Alright, I took a 520 Mile, 13 1/2 hour ride yesterday around and up both sides of Mount St. Helens. Great way to spend the day.... I know I did part of it before and have a few pics up there but this was all the way around.. Besides no one looks in here anyways....lol

Ya'll have fun out there and ride your bikes........ Even if they have a windshield..... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.